People and Entities
- Launch HotDocs® 11 Player. Make sure that the SpeedMatters library is open on the left hand side.
- Double click the ‘Commonly Used People and Entities’ tab from the left-hand menu.
- Enter all information for people and entities associated with the corporation (i.e. shareholders, directors, officers, accountants, bank, solicitors). Click ‘Add another person’ until all persons and/or entities are entered into SpeedMatters.
- Save this information by clicking the icon in the horizontal menu. It is marked in the red box at the top of the screen.
- From the main page screen, select ‘All Forms and Documents’ by double clicking the tab. You will be prompted to create a new Answer File.
- Fill out the desired name and location for the corporations Answer File (.anx).
- Click ‘OK’ to continue.
- To expand all of the necessary tabs, click ‘Yes’ under ‘Show All Menu Items’.
- To start an incorporation package, you will need to select the following options to continue:
- Continue to ‘Incorporation Package Contents’ and select ‘Articles of Incorporation,’ then choose either electronic or paper filing.
- Remember to save your work using the ‘save answer’ icon (red arrow).
- Under ‘People and Entities’ click on the ‘Select’ button at the bottom of the page. Each person or entity will be added one at a time to the corporation from the list you created in ‘‘Step 3.'
- After adding the first person or entity, click the ‘Add another person’ button at the bottom of the page.
‘What would you like to do today?’ -> ‘Produce document(s)’
‘Document Category’ -> ‘Packages and Most Popular Documents’
‘Common Packages’ -> ‘Incorporation-Organization – Complete Package’
Continue to use the ‘Select’ button until each person or entity associated with your corporation is entered.
Note: You can also enter the information of people and entities directly into the 'answer file' you are working on by selecting the 'People and Entities' interview on the left side of your display. This method can be less convenient if you are working with an individual, bank, accountant, etc. on more than once occasion. In 'Commonly Used People and Entities,' this information only needs to be entered once.