A HotDocs 'answer file' is an XML-based file with an .anx extension. These files contain all data pertaining to a given corporation which has been entered into SpeedMatters™ for Corporate Law through various interview screens. This type of file is favourable because the information for a client only needs to be entered once and the file can be easily saved and re-opened for later use.
- The first step in working with any corporation, is to open a new answer file for that corporation.
- New answer files can also be opened by clicking the “New Answers” button on the menu bar, by selecting the “New Answers” command from the File Menu (File → New Answers) or by selecting “Control+N” keys.
- SAVE YOUR ANSWER FILES REGULARLY!
- BACKUP YOUR ANSWER FILES REGULARLY!
- You may also wish to take note of the last date your answer file was saved