Overlaying Answer Files
This is a great way to save time is to re-use and recycle some of your most common answers. Speedmatters for Corporate Law makes this easy by enabling you to overlay a set of answers over the answer file for the corporation you are working on.
The general overlay process is described below:
1. First, create an answer file to hold the common information that you wish to re-use. Double click “System” from the Interview Outline to assemble it. This will bring up the prompt for which answer file you would like to use. Click “OK” to create a new answer file.
2. For this example, we will create 2 share classes which we intend to use regularly – plain vanilla common shares and some ridiculously complex special shares. To do this, open the “Share Classes” interview from the Interview Outline.
3. Notice that in a new answer file, all of the most common rights and privileges for regular common shares are prepopulated. Voting, one vote per share, discretionary dividends, participating rateably, non-redeemable, non-retractable and non-convertible, with no other special rights. So, for this class of shares, one click and we’re done. For this example, we will give the class a more catchy name.
4. Click “Add another share class” at the bottom of the interview screen…
5. Answer the interview questions to determine the rights and privileges…
6. Open the “Document Preview” tab to check out your handiwork…
7. Save your answer file – click the “Save Answers” button on the Command Bar, give it a great name and click “OK”.
8. Close the answer file – either click the X in the top right corner, or select File → Close.
9. Open the answer file for the corporation you would like to work on.
10. Expand the “Share Classes” interview.
11. From the File menu, select “Overlay Answers” and then select the answer file which contains the data that you wish to re-use – in this case “Favourite Share Classes”.
12. Double-click and the Favourite Share Classes instantly replace the share classes which previously existed.