Installing HotDocs® 11 Player
SpeedMatters™ for Corporate Law uses the market-leading software, HotDocs®, as its document automation and generation engine. Before running SpeedMatters™ for Corporate Law you will need to install the free HotDocs® 11 Player. See detailed instructions below.
- Download the files required to install HotDocs® 11 Player (version 11.2.8) here. You can choose between HotDocs® Player 11 32-bit or 64-bit depending on the computer's operating system. Follow these directions to find out what operating system you are running.
- Double click on the HotDocs Player EXE file after the download is complete. TheHotDocs® 'Setup' screen will appear.
- Click "Next" to continue.
- To continue with the installation, accept the terms of the HotDocs® 11 Player license agreement and click “Next."
- Select the Setup Type and the System Language. Typical installation and English (Canada) are the default choices.
- Next, select a supported Word Processor (from those installed on your computer) to use with HotDocs® and SpeedMatters™ for Corporate Law.
- The HotDocs® program will begin to install.
- When the installation is finished, it will prompt you to view the “Read Me” file and/or "Launch" HotDocs®.
- Click “Finish” and the HotDocs® installation will be complete.
Recommended HotDocs® Options & Settings:
- HotDocs® will provide a warning about any unanswered variables every time you attempt to assemble a document; you may wish to turn off all unanswered questions.
- See Tools → Options and deselect ‘Display unanswered warning before saving documents’.
You are now ready to install SpeedMatters™ for Corporate Law. The instructions for downloading SpeedMatters™ for Corporate Law will depend on whether you are installing the software as a standalone version or for a server environment.
You can find the instructions for standalone installation here.
You can find the instructions for installing in a server environment here.